We’ve come a long way since the days of wax-and-rip and electrolysis procedures to remove hair in unwanted and undesirable places. Over the last 10 years, the demand for laser hair removal procedures is year over year consistently in higher demand while technology and treatment for such also steadily evolves.
Among the most common questions we hear include:
- Is it affordable?
- What is the quality and longevity of results?
- What are the most effective hair removal methods?
With consistent advances, laser treatment is without question the most effective method for hair removal.
How laser hair removal works
The process of laser hair removal is relatively simple and mostly pain free, though patients sometimes experience minor irritations. The light and energy from the laser penetrates to the root of each hair follicle, hampering its ability for regrowth. Though there is mild irritation involved, the surface of the skin cools quickly, faster than the follicles deep below the skin surface.
Laser hair removal is effective for most skin tones and hair types. The time it takes for each procedure is anywhere between 15 minutes and one hour, contingent on the area of the body.
Among the common (temporary) side effects include mild itching and a burning sensation along with redness and swelling. Hyperpigmentation (darkening) and hypopigmentation (lightening) of the skin is also possible.
The main advantages of hair removal by laser treatment
Wax-and-rip, electrolysis and even shaving are all viable solutions, but laser hair treatment is the most effective in terms of longevity. Consider the advantages:
- Overwhelmingly positive results: Significantly stunted hair growth is the result for most patients following laser treatment. However, some patients experience permanent hair removal.
- Less painful: While there is a small degree of discomfort in laser treatment, waxing and electrolysis procedures are far more painful.
- Return growth is weak: In patients that have regrowth of hair, it is significantly finer and weaker than original.
- Rare side effects: While some patients may experience itching and redness after treatments, it is usually temporary and remedied by post-procedure cream application.
- Fast and accurate: Each laser pulse covers a square area of 9X9 millimeters.
Our laser hair removal solutions
Medical Laser Technologies offers three effective devices for laser hair removal:
- GentleLASE: A long-pulse, high energy light that penetrates to the root without damaging the follicle. GentleLASE is also effective in vein removal procedures.
- GentleYAG: An effective solution for hair removal on all parts of the body, GentleYAG is also an potent remedy for leg vein removal, skin tightening and skin rejuvenation.
- GentleMAX: A combination of the aforementioned, GentleMAX is the first multiple wavelength machine and highest in demand as it is an effective solution for birth marks, leg veins and vascular lesions, along with hair removal.
Speak one-on-one with one of our laser hair removal device experts today at 1-800-905-LASER (5273).