Photofacial treatment is performed on clients who suffer from dyspigmented skin patches, red blotches and imperfect skin quality and often require the use of two or more lasers.
10 Huge Benefits of Photofacial Treatment
The benefits of photofacial treatment are many, not the least of which include the elimination of many skin ailments such as:
- Acne scars
- Large pores
- Visible small blood vessels
- Sun spots and other pigmentation abnormalties
- Successful treatment of conditions such as rosacea, which is excessive ‘redness’ on the cheeks, forehead, chin and nose.
- Patients experience little or no pain during procedure. Any side affects — flushed skin, slight swelling and redness — usually disappear within 2-3 hours following a procedure.
- Stimulation of collagen, resulting in improved skin texture
- Can be performed simultaneously with other treatments
- Can be performed usually within 20-30 minutes
- Compared to other treatments, it is considerably inexpensive
High Satisfaction Rate
Photofacial treatment often requires the use of two or more lasers. Photofacial procedures, however, can be performed anywhere — usually in medi-spas and physician’s offices with a very high patient satisfaction.
Most patients seeking this treatment tend to be younger patients that have little need for skin correction as the improvement in skin texture and quality is very subtle.
The Best Devices for Photofacials
Two important elements to photofacial treatment include the quality of the medical laser device used and the age of the flash lamps within that device (which lose effectiveness over time). Medical Laser Technology experts recommend the Acleara device and the Elipse IPL as two superb broadband and intense pulsed light (IPL) devices for the performance of a photofacial.
Schedule a Photofacial Demo with MLT
Medical Laser Technology experts are always on hand for a consultation or to schedule a demonstration of our cutting edge medical laser devices. We urge dermatologists and skin care professionals to telephone us at 1-800-905-LASER (5273) Monday through Friday 9 a.m. through 5 p.m. U.S. eastern time.
Before & After
Rollover any thumbnail to reveal the after image. Click any image for an enlarged version.